It has been two years since GDPR came into effect, so why are so many businesses still failing to meet the requirements?
GDPR compliance is not optional. It is a legal requirement for businesses processing the personal data of EU citizens, regardless of their location. Failure to comply with the privacy and security standards could result in huge fines and reputational damage. With such serious repercussions, our compliance expert, Nicky Whiting, will be discussing the key issues that businesses need to address to meet their legal requirements.
- Identifying the common GDPR hurdles and how best to overcome them
- What the true consequences of non-compliance are and how to reduce this risk
- Understanding the misconceptions of the Data Protection Officer (DPO) role and what the correct requirements are
- How to successfully resource the right DPO role for your business
- Gaining practical advice for maintaining compliance in the future
Ask our DPO expert – get your data protection questions answered
Understanding GDPR regulations is not always straightforward, so Luke Peach, certified DPO and Compliance Officer will be answering your questions and providing a first-hand view of the role of a DPO. Simply submit your question upon registration.
Luke has over 7 years’ experience in the IT industry, most recently specialising in GDPR and Information Security. Luke is a qualified GDPR Practitioner and certified Data Protection Officer (DPO), representing over 20 companies within the UK and overseas.
Since joining Bulletproof as a Compliance Officer in 2018, Luke has become recognised as an ISO 27001 certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) and Cyber Essentials Assessor. He also uses his expertise to develop compliance training for Bulletproof clients.